Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said he had visited two cities very close to one of the most active front lines between his country’s troops and Russian forces, where a regional official said the situation had worsened for the Ukrainian side.
* Ukraine’s position “worsened a little” in the eastern Ukrainian city of Sievierodonetsk, but Kyiv’s forces defended their positions against Russia in an industrial zone as heavy fighting raged, the regional governor said.
* Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said on Sunday he had traveled to Lysychansk, south of Sievierodonetsk, and Soledar, two cities very close to some of the most intense fighting.
* Explosions were heard in the southern Ukrainian city of Mykolaiv, Mayor Oleksandr Senkevych said in a post on the Telegram messaging service on Monday.
* Russian forces were pushing towards Sloviansk and had struck rail infrastructure in Kyiv on Sunday, Britain’s Ministry of Defence said in a Twitter update on Monday. Russia had said the Kyiv air strikes hit tanks and other armored vehicles provided to Ukraine by European countries.
* The governor of Russia’s western Kursk region said on Monday that the border village of Tyotkino had come under fire from Ukraine.
* A Russian state media journalist on Sunday said Russian Major General Roman Kutuzov had been killed in eastern Ukraine, adding to a string of high-ranking military casualties sustained by Moscow.
* Ukraine’s state-run nuclear power operator Energoatom said a Russian…
All news and articles are copyrighted to the respective authors and/or News Broadcasters. VIXC.Com is an independent Online News Aggregator
Read more from original source here…